Seriously?

From time to time I will edit articles on Wikipedia. I will only do so if I see a glaring error and can document my edit with a source. I also only edit topics that on which I can competently hold my own, such as things like Anglicanism or theological topics.  There is a lot of good information in Wikipedia, but you have to take it with a grain of salt because some articles or bits of articles are just outright wrong. 


I was slightly editing a paragraph on the Anglican Book of Common Prayer that erroneously stated a few items regarding Archbishop Cranmer's relation to the Sarum Rite medieval missal. I even cited my edit with a standard, the Oxford Commentary on the Prayer Book


This is the response I just got from Wikepedia:


"Please refrain from making unconstructive edits to Wikipedia, as you did at in the article on the Book of Common Prayer. Your edits appear to constitute vandalism and have been reverted or removed. If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox."


My opinion of Wikipedia just went down, not that it was particularly high before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time