Article 12: Of Good Works

Apologies. I had scheduled this one to publish yesterday, but the stupid scheduler on the new Google+ blogger doesn't work apparently.

XII . Of Good Works
Albeit that Good Works, which are the fruits of Faith, and follow after Justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's judgement; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively Faith; insomuch that by them a lively, Faith may be as evidently known as a tree discerned by the fruit.


This one is more like it. I can agree with this one for the most part. Yesterday I talked about Justification by Faith. I am still not quite buying that works have to follow after justification. At least the Articles of Religion throw a bone to the Epistle of James crowd like myself.


You can tell a tree by its fruit. That I can swallow. (The Fruit, not the Tree). 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time