Adventures in Woodworking (con't.)

My daughter was invited to a birthday party from one of here buddies from church and day care. I decided to take the opportunity to make a wooden toy for the occasion. I had a pattern that I had wanted to try for a while involved a big rig truck and trailer. In an attempt to not turn my daughter into a complete tomboy, I have not made it yet. She likes trains, helicopters, and cars enough as it is.


This model was actually pretty easy to do.


This was a good thing because I had procrastinated on making it and my timeframe for getting it done was fairly short.


I was particularly fond of the details I was able to add to this one, namely the steering wheel and gear shift in the cab.


I also liked the big rig diesel smoke stacks.


I was also fond of the embedded headlights and the lights on the top of the cab.


It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time