Back from Camp

I have returned from a wonderful few days in the Black Hills at the Diocese of South Dakota's Thunderhead Episcopal Center. I was the chaplain for the 5th/6th Grade/Family camp. I think we had upwards of 30+ campers and parents, which is fabulous for TEC. Not that many years ago, I think we have about 5 campers. It was sheer bliss in that I was completely isolated from the bizarro world of the Episcopal Church's General Convention going on currently in Indianapolis. I really try to make it a policy that this blog not badmouth the Episcopal church or the office of the Presiding Bishop, though I very rarely agree with anything that comes from either of them very much these days. From what I am hearing and reading, General Convention 2012 seems to be more of the same.I am going to refrain from making any further comments about General Convention until the dust settles, and I can study the resolutions and general fallout from this circus august gathering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time