Let Everyone Beware

This video is put out by FIRE, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, which is a non-partisan, secular foundation that fights for things like free speech rights in higher education campuses. I think this video captures the grave consequences facing student groups on campuses currently very well:

 

From a pedagogical standpoint, I think the purpose of higher education is to get people to think for themselves. Like the video says, I really do not believe that people are taking this issue seriously enough. While I do not agree with some of the groups presented in the video, I do think everyone should have the right to assemble as they see fit and believe as they see fit.

This is a very troubling trend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time