The Hungry Caterpillar

 It was my daughter's turn to bring snacks for her pre-school class today. She had been telling us about that she was learning about catepillars in pre-school. Her first day, she even came one with a construction paper tiara-like thing with antennae.

For a little bit of a treat (we have to bring healthy, non-allergy related snacks, which is basically crackers, cheese, or fruit as far as I can tell...), I decided to keep with the theme and make some catepillar snacks. Since they could not be sugary, I searched around the interest. It turns out Pinterest is good for something after all.

There were ideas on out there for caterpillar fruit kabobs. I upped the ante a little bit and added eyeballs. I admit, the eyes were technically sugar frosting, but I thought kids would not touch black olives.

And what tray of caterpillars is complete without some green, leafy lettuce for the caterpillars to munch on until snack time?

There were no takers on the lettuce, but most of the caterpillars were gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time