That's Good

Good Guys Wear Black did a great Top Ten list of "things pastors hate about pastoring."

I would add the assumption of parishioners that the pastor was taught clairvoyance in seminary, so,  it is somehow still pastor's fault that the parishioner never said anything.

“I’m mad that you didn’t come to see me in the hospital!”

“Did you tell me you were going in the hospital?”

“No.”

“Did you or your family call the church office? Or have the Hospital call the church?”

“No.”

“Was it published in the local paper that you were admitted to the hospital?”

“No.”

At which point the pastor thinks to himself, "And this is my fault how???" but actually says something like, "Well, bless you heart. I'm sorry."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time