Why on Earth would you do this?

I admit, I have never understood the tattoo thing. I have never once in my life wanted one. I realize there are fine people with tattoos; my Grandmother has one. My brother-in-law has several. I don't have particular moral objections to tattoos as long as you aren't getting some obscene naked lady or flaming swastika, but I just have never wanted one because there is no image in the world that I think I would not get tired of looking at in 3 months. I would not want to wear the same shirt day after day. I just think it would get old. Not to mention when you get old and saggy and the tattoo starts looking, well, old and saggy, too.

I know, I know, people say it is about art. I have never quite bought that argument either. I think it more a statement of sociological need to be the center of attention, but I realize that is debatable.

Assuming you were not strung out on drugs or something, why on earth would you do this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time