Bobo did it...

We (or rather I) have a custom in our house when our (my) daughter asks a extremely obvious question about someone like, "Who did that?" or "Who ate the cake?" Usually the answer is either my daughter herself or else someone else in the immediate household.

To irritate my daughter, I will usually respond with, "Bobo!" or "Bobo did it!" I do not know who Bobo is, as it was just a silly name I picked at random one time, and the name just stuck as a one word answer to silly questions. I guess that is until this morning when I happened upon who Bobo is.

It is my daughter's birthday this week, and I was randomly looking up saint days on the site Angels and Saints, which is a good resource. Apparently my daughter's birthday by sheer happenstance (or perhaps the Divine sense of humor) apparently shares a minor feast day with...you guessed it...Saint Bobo.

No, I am not making this up. Read about St. Bobo here. He is apparently the patron saint of cattle. You can't make this stuff up.

St. Bobo of the Bovine.

I guess I know why my daughter likes milk and cheese so much.

It was Bobo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time