Time Enough at Last...

So, I thought I had it figured out today. I would get my car worked on as I worked, then have my eye doctor appointment later in the morning, and have enough time in the afternoon if they were still working on the car to read my excellent book I have been into lately.

Yeah, that worked well.

They had to end up dilating my eyes. I don't know why I didn't think they would have to do that, as they always do because my eyes are so dark in color. I really have trouble seeing after I have my eyes dilated for at least two or three hours.

So, as I sat in my office doing nothing, I felt like the guy in the Twilight Zone (particularly the scene at minute 22 near the end): Time enough at last:




Comments

Jay said…
Wow, thanks for that link. I don't think I've seen that episode for 30 years, but I remembered it vividly.

Hope things are going well for you in your new life. I'm still trying to discern how to handle my old one!

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time