Game Recommendation: Beaver Creek

I have discovered in the last year that I love board games. I had to largely give up video games because I have been getting occasional migraines, and sometimes starting at flashing computers screens can trigger them. When I say board games, I do not the moldy oldies that everyone has played (and probably hates) like Monopoly or Clue, but a lot of the new wave of games that have been published in the last 10 years that are amazing. Many even come with Solo player modes now where you can play by yourself. There are some really amazing ones out there like Terraforming Mars and Spirit Island.

I discovered a really fun one last week. It's cheap and small called Beaver Creek. It is a bit hard to find, but you can find it as of this writing on gaming sites like boardgamebliss.com or the Jungle River (I don't advocate buying from the 'Zon, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to find some items.)

This game is sort of a combination of Jenga and Pick Up Sticks. You are basically building a tower out of these cute little beaver meeples and logs. It's a delightful little game. Fun for most ages. My wife and daughter loved it as well. Also a good party game. 




If you want to see a play through, Sir Thecos on Youtube did a great little video on it a few months back that is worth watching:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time