Top Ten Update

I updated my college football top ten. Louisville got axed. Boston College cracked the top ten thanks to beating Georgia Tech. I was a little surprised at how easy BC made that game look. Georgia Tech's defense isn't anybody's patsy.

As much as it gripes me, I still have to put Florida at No. 1. They are still the champs and played like it against Tennessee. Although I have to admit that 24 unanswered points in the 4th quarter seemed a little excessive.

I was really tempted to put USC as co-No. 1. They looked incredible against Nebraska. I got to see them in person, and that is one unbelievable running game, the like of which I have rarely seen before. I certainly gave USC points for sportsmanship. Say what you want, but Pete Carroll is a class act. USC scored 49 points on Nebraska by the beginning of the 4th quarter. If Carroll had of wanted to make a BCS statement, he could easily have run up the score to 60+ points, but he pulled all the starters by the 4th quarter out of sportsmanship. You don't see sportsmanship like that too often anymore (Certainly not from aforementioned Florida). For that I give him co-No. 2 ranking with LSU. I am not sure how they would play against a Florida/LSU, but they could hold their own at least.

The jury is still out on how good Oklahoma is, but they look impressive. I slid Texas down a few slots because they've looked horrible.

It remains to be seen how the other 4 will fair (Ohio State, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Cal) but for the time being they appear to be legit top 10 teams.

On the bubble: Rutgers, Penn State, South Carolina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time