Sometimes the Internet is Grand

I sometimes hate reading news articles on various news websites because I accidentally get sucked into reading the reader comments. I try hard to avoid reading comments because invariably after about 3 comments, as the online discussion will devolvs into name calling, personal attacks, and completely irrational idiocy which often makes me despair of humanity in general and the American Republic in particular.

Occasionally, however, I run across something that makes me say, "Wow, maybe the internet actually was a good idea after all." This morning, I discovered that the Smithsonian Institute has a searchable encyclopedia. The Kid's section in particular has some fascinating has a wealth of interaction learning ideas and games from Building a Sod house to Online Jigsaw puzzles.

Pretty neat stuff to explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time