Book Discussion

I'm thinking of leading a book discussion for the parish youth group when we start up again in September. Most of the kids like to read, so I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions that I might consider. It needs to be accessible to teenagers (i.e. not corny or too heavy) but also has some good theological content that would be good for discussion. I'd also like it to be fun and not too dreadfully dogmatic.

I'd like to have a list so I can allow the group to pick what it wants to read. Right now I'm thinking maybe something like the first of CS Lewis' space trilogy or L'engle's a Wrinkle in Time. Maybe a few chapters from NT Wright's Simply Christian but that might be too heavy.

It also needs to be relatively affordable a book, and easily obtainable. Something out of print might be hard to come by for several people.

Any ideas?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet

Homily Notes for the 32nd Sunday of Ordinary Time