God can use all means of communication

So, here is a weird story for you. I am a ham radio operator, and I have befriends some guys in Staffordshire, UK. I can usually pick them up on Sunday afternoons (it’s evening there). So, we have talked on the radio regularly for at least a couple of years now.

I also get the newsletter of the Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apostles. They border on being extremely traditionalist, but it’s a religious order north of Kansas City I have gotten to visit a few times when I travel down to KC. They also have several really well recorded music CDs. Anyway, their religious order, which has a lot of international vocations on a waiting list, is growing like wildfire. Somehow, they have been approached by a Catholic bishop in England to start a satellite order at a closed monastery in Colwich. which is in Staffordshire. https://benedictinesofmary.org/about-us/colwich/

I happened to mention that on the radio the other day, as those guys like historical stuff. We usually don’t talk about religious stuff on the radio, but I just happened to make a comment about it. Apparently one of them was so curious, he drove out there the other day and stopped by. A few of the sisters happened to be there fiddling with some fallen tree or something. They have had some torrential rains this summer. So, he helped them clean up the mess and apparently had a yea olde time. I don’t think he’s even Catholic.

The sisters apparently asked how he had even found out about them, and he told them about “this radio guy in Nebraska who’s on your mother house’s mailing list.”

They were quite amused by that apparently. They apparently prayed for me that evening. Small world after all. 

I guess God can even use radio airwaves for His purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on the 'Connecticut 6'

The History of the Football helmet